Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone know where I can get a good quality Cashmere scarf online (UK) in the price range of £30.00 - £40.00 or cheaper. I understand that most cashmere items are pretty pricey. I am not bothered about the brand Etc, I am looking for a plain 100% Cashmere scarf. Any info would be most appreciated.

· Registered
2,689 Posts
Giuseppe

To give you an idea of price, my cashmere Ballantyne scarf cost 130
RL wool 30 pounds

got the RL scarf in a/w 04 and still use it now. have a look at hackett they have nice scarves for 60, in the sale could go down to 40.

· Registered
561 Posts
John Lewis must be a good start.
Marks & Spencer, check their online catologue, including the womens section, a scarf must be just the most uni - sex, non gender thingy, ever!
Discuss.

Also Tesco, as the're banging out China source jumpers @ £35, I would think there might also be a chance of a scarf in their womens' clothing 'department'.

If you are in London, Oxford St has about eight million shops and there are some cashmere shops in Regent St that are always in perma - sale.

F.

· Registered
964 Posts
Hello,
Contrary to what has been said before in this thread there are certainly some good quality cashmere options from very well-respected names in your price bracket. First try here:

https://search.stores.ebay.co.uk/Ka...ooZ2QQfsopZ2QQfsubZ13QQsaselZ81486108QQsofpZ0

This lady sells a large range of all sorts of Scottish cashmere and other knitwear. Her scarves are made by Hawick Knitwear who manufacture cashmere for Dege and Skinner of Savile Row amongst others. Prices start at £19 and she is a fully authorised dealer.

Also try here:

for Johnstons cashmere scarves for less than £30. I bought my mother a pair of cashmere gloves from them last year as they are right next to where I work.

Both of these options are 100% cashmere and made in Scotland.

Hope this helps,

Chris.

· Registered
2,603 Posts
I don't know if you have it in England, but here in the States, Marshall's and TJ Maxx on occasion have some nice scarves. I bought my finacee a Begg wool/angora scarf for $20.

· Registered
2,219 Posts
Many of the Scottish cashmere scarf manufacturers ....

have sales after Christmas. Dunhills, Johnston, Paine, Pringle etc. Best to buy on line. Dunhills were priced at 50% off last year. I don't live in England, but I wouldn't buy anything but Scottish cashmere. The Chinese are cheap, but they pill badly. I threw two away before I learned my lesson. CT shirts used to have Scottish cashmere, but they went the Chinese route so I returned a sweater unopened.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.