Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What product is considered the best for protecting/Conditioning Leather boots/Shoes. Could anyone recommend a suitable product for leather boots. I don't want to darken or shine the boot just protect/feed the leather. I was thinking of purchasing the below product. Any info would be appreciated

·
Site Creator
11,760 Posts
Mink oil will waterproof and preserve the shoe, but it can darken lighter shades of leathers. Silicone spray provides water protection and doesn't alter the color.

Many shoemakers recommend a conditioner to keep leather shoes soft and supple, and to moisturize them. This keeps the leather from cracking. Paste or cream polishes also keep the leather moisturized.

Lexol is well regarded. For other brands look at the list at the bottom of the page and/or use the SEARCH function.

·
Registered
314 Posts
What product is considered the best for protecting/Conditioning Leather boots/Shoes. Could anyone recommend a suitable product for leather boots. I don't want to darken or shine the boot just protect/feed the leather. I was thinking of purchasing the below product. Any info would be appreciated
I use this product on my C&J Veldschoens. It works a treat, really conditions the leather and keeps the waxy feel of the leather. It's quite a heavy oil but goes on easily enough. I apply it quite heavily and leave it to absorb for couple of hours then buff off any excess. Great product imo.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.