Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Brings back memories of my very first Cup, way back in the spring of 1984. Alas it has been a few years since we were able to attend. Maybe next year, though our teenage children will probably want to go with us, which will change the dynamic a bit.

Nice to see that very little has changed. Lots of smiling college girls in sun dresses !

Best,

Ross

·
Registered
243 Posts
Looks like the rain put a bit of a damper on things at Cup. Steeplechase looks like it had better weather this year. I'm pretty sad that I couldn't make it this time.

Steeplechase photos from the Aiken Standard:
https://focusonyou.aikenstandard.com/pages/gallery.php?gallery=306442
Perhaps there should be an Ask Andy contingent next year to demonstrate proper attire?

Edit: I found #72/374 to be MOST interesting. Strictly sartorially speaking, of course.

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
Ah, GRITS (Girls Raised in the South) . . . they are true rays of sunshine, even on what looks to have been a very wet and dreary day (the weather was the last degree of gray, soggy, and blah up here in VA).

That cellphone looks a little lonely against the sheer womanly amplitude that's on display there, like it's one badly overmatched piece of consumer electronics.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I nearly took a job at Neiman Marcus Corporate in Dallas a few years back...pictures like this almost make me wish I had.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Well, as much fun as cup may be, I was glad I did not partake this year, as the skies opened up and poured buckets of rain on the Midlands.

Maybe I am getting old, but I find nothing endearing about the idea of sloshing around in field of mud all day in soaked clothes, making my dirty bucks even dirtier.

Years past have been better, but it seems that there is about a 50% chance that cup will be marred by rain, high winds or cold spells.

Anyone else agree?

And all that being said, the ladies look wonderful, as always.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Years past have been better, but it seems that there is about a 50% chance that cup will be marred by rain, high winds or cold spells.
I was there in 2004 when the winds were a constant 15-20 with 30mph gusts. It was miserable.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.