Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I just got a good deal on a pair of carlos santos double monks. Now I need to repair them as they have some scuffs, I know how but I need cream and polish that are a close match in color. If you can help me to identify the color of the shoe and a close cream/polish color match I will really appreciate it. I'm guessing this are carlos santos in braga patina, And suppose saphir (I really like saphir products) in cognac should be a close match. Thank you very much in advance.
Footwear Brown Shoe Leg Human body

·
Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
Go crazy!!!

It's very difficult to exactly match the color of a cream (Creams will cover scuffs most effectively.) from just looking at the shoe. What I've done in the past is to purchase the 3 different shades I believed closest, and among them I've always found one suitable.

I've used Tarrago since Johnson stopped making Meltonian, it's inexpensive, and I am entirely pleased with it.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Saphir has a which is very useful. Every colour field has a hole in the middle so that you can lay it on top of your shoe and easily see just how well (or how badly) it matches.

To find a perfect match you'll likely have to order your colour directly from Valmour though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.