Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have quite a few CT Sea Island 140 shirts but I've noticed as soon as I arrive at work my car seat belt has creased the shirt.

Anyone else have this problem? At the moment I'm driving without a seatbelt! :confused:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Anyone else have this problem? At the moment I'm driving without a seatbelt! :confused:
I also have this problem so I know where you're coming from. The only problem is there's nothing you can do about it other than wear some shirts that won't crease as easily?? I also find myself adjusting the seat belt a fair bit when I'm driving so that my shirt remains flat to my chest.

It's all irrelvant anyway when you go and spill your first cup of coffee down the front :(

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Driving without a seat belt in order to save yourself the horror of a few shirt creases at the risk of being cited, not to mention dying, is dedication to fashion beyond the call of duty. It's also pretty foolish. Just put your coat on when you walk around, and no one will notice.

Of course, if this is a "Princess and the Pea" problem, and the creases actually irritate your skin, you might keep a steamer at work, take that to the men's facility, doff the shirt, steam out the creases, and have no further worries:icon_smile_wink:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Not sure if this is practical in your office setting, but I know an attorney, who drives to work in his T shirt (summer), or yesterdays shirt (winter), and leaves his today's shirts hanging in the back of his car.

Upon arriving at the office, he whips out the shirt from the back seat, and if no one is lurking:icon_smile_wink:, tucks it in, while standing beside his car. Sometimes, he ends up going to the restroom in the office, to tidy up a bit, but his shirts always look crisp.

Personally, I always hang up my coat while driving, and use my extra scarf, to place between the belt, and my shirts.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Not sure if this is practical in your office setting, but I know an attorney, who drives to work in his T shirt (summer), or yesterdays shirt (winter), and leaves his today's shirts hanging in the back of his car.

Upon arriving at the office, he whips out the shirt from the back seat, and if no one is lurking:icon_smile_wink:, tucks it in, while standing beside his car.
This reminds me of the two mobsters in Jimmy Breslin's "The Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight," who, upon taking seats in a New York steak house, would fold their trousers inside out so that their belts were below the knees. They didn't want to splash their $3000 suit trousers. The image of these guys eating steaks in their underwear is indelible.

·
Registered
38 Posts
"The gang that couldn't shoot straight", is a classic :icon_smile_big: That wouldn't work in "Animal House", because you never know when a food fight will break out. :icon_smile_big:

I have also seen the following:

1. Tie flipped over the shoulder casually, so as to avoid salad dressing. Sadly, when I tried the same move, it flopped into the pasta:(

2. Asking the waiter for an extra napkin. One to cover pants, and the extra, to tuck over and then inside the shirt/tie, to keep out food/coffee/wine. This does work, but you kinda feel like a kid with a bib.:icon_smile_wink:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.