Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
37,088 Posts
Yes wool can get wet and one of the advantages of wool is that, when it gets wet, it still keeps you warm...unlike cotton, which does not. Wetting wool does not shrink it but, the way it is dried can! ;)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Water is fine, but if you use heat to dry it you might shrink it. If it's worth it to you, you can have an overcoat made with Loro Piana Storm System wool and it will make a fine raincoat (many makers use this material, you don't need to pay out the big bucks for a Loro Piana brand coat, just one with that material.

·
Registered
907 Posts
As others have already said, the wool ought to be fine provided you dry it sensibly as Penang Lawyer suggested. That said, the lining could shrink if you do get soaked, as I did one beautiful afternoon in Central Park when it suddenly started pouring like the monsoon. It was easy enough to have the lining let out a bit to remedy it.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts

·
Tech and Business Advice Guru
6,643 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
To whomever reported this post. It is not religion bashing. It is a J-O-K-E.
My apologies for remarks that are way off subject here, but I would seriously worry about the future of this forum if its members can't stomach an occasional joke, which the remark about Catholic virgins clearly was.

And, as a cradle and, I hope, earnest Catholic myself, I thought it was very funny.

To be "reported" on in this fashion bespeaks a lack of adult sophistication that is frankly embarrassing.

Shame on the overly sensitive-minded and weak.

·
Registered
125 Posts
My apologies for remarks that are way off subject here, but I would seriously worry about the future of this forum if its members can't stomach an occasional joke, which the remark about Catholic virgins clearly was.

And, as a cradle and, I hope, earnest Catholic myself, I thought it was very funny.

To be "reported" on in this fashion bespeaks a lack of adult sophistication that is frankly embarrassing.

Shame on the overly sensitive-minded and weak.
I'm an unmarried lapsed Catholic, so I am not sure where that places me. :confused:Oh yes, I don't really have a guilt problem, either.:devil:

As for wet wool, I'm about to try Natual Cleaners in Chiba, Japan for their wet cleaning as I refuse to dry clean. I hope it works.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.