Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
... for a person whose side pinky toes seem to always be slamming into the upper (eventually stretching it out over the insole,) but otherwise is a normal D width (or maybe slightly wider up front. Maybe just narrow at the back and wide at the front would do.)

I still need leather soled shoes of course, but I'm pretty open minded about the brand. For example trickers seems to fit this shape from what I've thus far researched on the matter.

if I were to draw my foot and toes it would be roughly like this (size 11 US, although experimenting with 11.5

xxxxx
xxxxx
xxxx
xxx
xx

thanks!

For example I have a pair of belgraves on the 337 last in size 10 that are tight on the outside and a pair of alden nst size 10.5 on the barrie last where I "suffer." on that outside bit

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a similar shaped foot, and am also a US size 11 or 11.5

I have tried Allen Edmonds (Park Avenue and Dryden) in 3E widths; while these were wide enough through the toe box, they were so wide in the heel as to be unwearable. They also had a lot of volume overall.

I recently bought a pair of Loake Severn II on the 026 last in a G fitting. These work very well for me; they are wide through the toe box, and narrow in the heel. They might be worth a try.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I too have a similar problem and find that the EG 202 and 606 lasts work very well.

For lesser shoes I have gotten a shoe stretcher with an attachment that I can use to stretch the shoe in the pinky spot.

Whatever you do don't get a last such as the Vass U Last....beautiful but doesn't work for the foot shape you describe.

Perry

·
Registered
127 Posts
i have a similarly shaped foot It is wide in the ball area, but not in the heel. I should add that i don't have a very fleshy foot at all - the bones are just wide.

I can wear a 10.5 D in most styles, but walking around for a long time in them is not comfortable. My smaller toes rub up against the upper.

I have a pair of AE Park Avenues in a 10.5 E, which fit great in the toe box, but are huge in the heel. I have a tongue pad in which keeps my heel from slipping, but i don't like the gaping at the sides.

Any recommendations for a last that is wide up front but narrow in the heel?

·
2,973 Posts
Me too

I have the same problem. Wide toe area, narrow heel, compounded by pinky toes being forward compared to most feet.

So far the best solution in ready-made shoes is the Edward Green 202, my size being the UK 10 F. They are a tad tight at the pinky when new, but widen a bit after a while. I have tried Alden, AE, and John Lobb. None fits as well as the EG's.

An even better solution is bespoke. As I type, my feet are happily nestled in a new pair of Cleverleys that fit really well. If one's feet are hard to fit, the expenditure is worth it.

Regards,
Gurdon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.