Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I both got new boots recently. Last night, when my Dalton's arrived, I wasted no time in conditioning them. I asked my wife if she'd like me to do the same to hers and she agreed.

However, her boots have an undressed stacked leather heel and in a few spots, the conditioner came into contact with it, darkening those spots.

Before it is suggested to simply condition the entire heel, she likes the contrasting color of the dark boot and light heel.

Will this fade? Is there anything I can do to get it back to the original color?

·
Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
37,088 Posts
I've used dollops of rubber cement to lift grease stains from leather shoes. apply the rubber cement over the stain(s), allow it to dry and then peel it off. It does not always totally remove the stain, but the end result is always greatly improved over what you started with! Good luck against your windmill! LOL. ;)

·
Registered
384 Posts
I've done the same, with decent results. However, the problem I foresee is that in a stacked heel it is the cross section of the leather which is exposed, which will absorb the conditioner like a drunk absorbs cheap cider. Still, one can but try and I doubt it can make things any worse.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.