Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Vendor
1,736 Posts
It depends on your height, which will determine how long the vest has to be. If you order a three piece suit the vest can often be cut from the same amount of cloth you need for the suit if the cutter is skilled. If the cloth is full width you can probably have a vest made from 3/4 of a yard. The tailor who is going to make it for you will tell you how much he needs.
Paul Winston
Winston Tailors
www.chipp2.com

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Is the situation that you already have a two-piece suit and you're wondering if you can have a vest made for it?

If you have the exact same cloth (same mill, same dye lot, etc.) I assume that the biggest question would be whether it would throw the fit off. I don't know the answer, but I would take the suit to your tailor and seek his advice.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is the situation that you already have a two-piece suit and you're wondering if you can have a vest made for it?

If you have the exact same cloth (same mill, same dye lot, etc.) I assume that the biggest question would be whether it would throw the fit off. I don't know the answer, but I would take the suit to your tailor and seek his advice.
I am planning on purchasing a 2-piece single breasted OTR suit. This store also offers a nice MTM program. They have the suit in 3-piece but w peaked lapels (i want the notched). They offer the fabric in MTM and I'm going to ask them today if they can make me a MTM waistcoat to go with the 2-piece OTR suit. hopefully they can do it.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
I am planning on purchasing a 2-piece single breasted OTR suit. They offer the fabric in MTM and I'm going to ask them today if they can make me a MTM waistcoat to go with the 2-piece OTR suit. hopefully they can do it.
Then it should not be a problem, although it may be worth asking how much a 3-piece MTM suit would cost.

Most places that have RTW and MTM programmes, normally offer all the RTW fabrics in MTM.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.