Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is a silly question, but I need an answer. I have a few pairs of Mohair/Wool pants from Reiss I recently acquired. I just put them with a belt to go somewhere and noticed to my surprise, there aren't any loops on the front of the pants. The first loops start at my hips and go around the back. I've never seen such a bizzare configuration before. My belt is slightly loose and is sagging as a result.

I have a few inches of material in the hem of my pants. Can a tailor use that fabric to make 2 extra belt loops to attach to the front of my pants?

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
georgepaul is right.
if there is enough cloth you can have the tailor make heel guards. good reason to ask for the cut off cloth when cuffing. after all you bought that cloth.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
I have a few inches of material in the hem of my pants. Can a tailor use that fabric to make 2 extra belt loops to attach to the front of my pants?
Good thinking. The hem material is a great idea. As others have said, yes a tailor can make belt loops as long as they have the material, and you've found a way to meet that requirement.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Yes assuming there is some cloth with which to make them.

however he may need to move some of the existing ones so that the spacing does not look stupid and it might be better to buy trpusers that fit properly/right size to avoid such an odd alteration in future.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.