Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://www.politico.com/news/stories/1108/15497.html

Ok, so if we can put aside partisanship for a second, am I the only one that thinks that this is crazy?

Basically, because Obama did not accept federal campaign funding his campaign will not be audited by the FEC.

So, in theory, a candidate could raise millions of dollars in campaign funds illegally, by doing something like getting thousands of people to contribute money by using untraceable gift card-type credit cards on an internet fundraising site or by not properly keeping records on low level contributions. (Kind of like the way Tony Soprano never deposited more than $9500 in a bank, because a $10,000 deposit automatically triggered Federal notification) Said hypothetical candidate could raise so much money in this illegal manner that he could refuse federal funding and escape an audit, and get away with the illegal fundraising.

·
Registered
3,969 Posts
A Canada thinks much of the money came from outside the US, which means our election was bought by non-voters, which would be treason. And how many living within the US who can't vote contributed?

Hopefully, by far, most of the money is legit. But I wonder.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Terp, give it up, will ya. The election's over: your guy lost. It happens.
Peak, McCain was never "my guy" even for a second. It's people like you who excuse obvious fraud becasue "your guy" committed it that are the problem.

Elections are elections. Some times you like the person who wins, sometimes you don't. That's beside the point. When things are obviously flawed we should work to fix them. There is obviously a loophole in this system wide enough drive a truck through. The problem is that the two parties control the system through the FEC and useful idiots excuse everything they do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.