Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to order my first pair of shoes from Quoddy; Cavalier Whiskey camp mocs for the summer. I was disappointed to discover, despite what their website says, their camp soles stop at size 13 (I am a 14.5). I can order their Canoe Shoe (camp moc) but it would have to be with a boat sole in charcoal, white, or brick. Maybe I'm being pedantic but this feels like a deal breaker. $300 for something that isn't the Real McCoy. Thoughts?

I own a pair of Rancourt's camp mocs (that I absolutely love) but wanted a lighter color leather for my new pair and Rancourt's options are limited. I suppose I could get a pair of theirs in Chromexcel. Other similar operations like OSB don't carry sizes past 13.

·
Registered
13,646 Posts
Also, you might want to reach out to Quoddy. They might be willing to make it for you even though the website says no (I'm assuming that's where you saw the size limitation). I've worked with them and they were very helpful and flexible, but to be fair, I didn't have a request like yours. Still, no harm in asking. Good luck.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also, you might want to reach out to Quoddy. They might be willing to make it for you even though the website says no (I'm assuming that's where you saw the size limitation). I've worked with them and they were very helpful and flexible, but to be fair, I didn't have a request like yours. Still, no harm in asking. Good luck.
I spoke with a service rep on the phone; unfortunately, it's true. The website is actually inaccurate: it says they make a camp moc in all sizes but that's not the case. I feel for their CS reps, I imagine they get a handful of upset people about the inaccuracies on their site.

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
I have tan camp Mocs from Rancourt with a typical mic sole. Actually in shell. If you go to their custom program, you'll find what you need.

I wanted to order my first pair of shoes from Quoddy; Cavalier Whiskey camp mocs for the summer. I was disappointed to discover, despite what their website says, their camp soles stop at size 13 (I am a 14.5). I can order their Canoe Shoe (camp moc) but it would have to be with a boat sole in charcoal, white, or brick. Maybe I'm being pedantic but this feels like a deal breaker. $300 for something that isn't the Real McCoy. Thoughts?

I own a pair of Rancourt's camp mocs (that I absolutely love) but wanted a lighter color leather for my new pair and Rancourt's options are limited. I suppose I could get a pair of theirs in Chromexcel. Other similar operations like OSB don't carry sizes past 13.

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Because they were shell, it was closer to $450. So $350 sounds about right. The good news is they resole these shoes as well and so you'll get very long life out of them and the cost is not out of line when you amortize.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.