Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New guy here but are these quality shoes?

Love my Ferragamo Tramezza, Allen Edmonds Mora, and my Bruno Magli monk straps.

I work in the Aerospace Industry but am also a professional Bassist and the monk strap really makes an impression.

I also like the look of the buckle shoe.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
New guy here but are these quality shoes?

I work in the Aerospace Industry but am also a professional Bassist and the monk strap really makes an impression.

I also like the look of the buckle shoe.
I had a pair of ornately brogued brown wing-tips from Cable & Co. that I bought at Saks Fifth Avenue in Atlanta in 1995.

They were beautiful and fit well in the store. Somehow, though, when I went to wear them to work one day they hurt like hell. I could hardly get down the hallway in them.

After four or five times of living out a Steve Martin short story, they finally broke in and were very comfortable. When they finally started to wear out, I didn't want to risk an overhaul taking them back to square one so I gave them to Goodwill.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have a pair of brown split-toe bluchers from Cable & Co. that have been outstanding shoes. I bought them on sale more than ten years ago not really knowing anything about the brand. They turned out to be some of the most comfortable shoes I've ever owned, and have held up heroically in spite of my lackluster maintenance.

Unfortunately, the leather on one shoe recently split where my heel rubbed against it (no shoe horn--lesson learned), and a local saddle/shoe shop said they could not repair it. Not long into my search for a replacement, I learned to my dismay that the company had gone out of business. I also figured out that they look much better, in my opinion, than any other norwegian/split toe currently on offer. I finally settled on a pair of Allen Edmonds Bradleys, which are pretty nice, but they don't look half as good as my Cable & Cos.

Enjoy the shoes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.