Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have learned a lot about many different things since finding and joining this forum. This thread has one simple purpose; to comment on the fantastic quality of C&J shoes, as well as the amzing service I received from Pediwear Online.

Since joining this board, I was turned completely from an Ecco shoes kinda guy, to an Allen Edmonds shoe kinda guy. Upon further research, I then fell in love with some of the designs of the C&J line.

I cant say enough about how helpful the staff at Pediwear were in getting me my pair of Lowndes in the fastest, quickest, most effiecient way. Not only was this my first pair of C&Js, but also my first pair of English shoes. Being a 12D, I was unsure of what size I would be on that side of the pond. After a few over the phone measurements... they fit like a glove...err...or...a well fitted shoe. :icon_smile_big:

Thank everyone!

PS: Amazing shoes!

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I have learned a lot about many different things since finding and joining this forum. This thread has one simple purpose; to comment on the fantastic quality of C&J shoes, as well as the amzing service I received from Pediwear Online.

Since joining this board, I was turned completely from an Ecco shoes kinda guy, to an Allen Edmonds shoe kinda guy. Upon further research, I then fell in love with some of the designs of the C&J line.

I cant say enough about how helpful the staff at Pediwear were in getting me my pair of Lowndes in the fastest, quickest, most effiecient way. Not only was this my first pair of C&Js, but also my first pair of English shoes. Being a 12D, I was unsure of what size I would be on that side of the pond. After a few over the phone measurements... they fit like a glove...err...or...a well fitted shoe. :icon_smile_big:

Thank everyone!

What size did you order?

·
Registered
45 Posts

Thank everyone!

Hi there, as a fellow Canadian can you tell me how much shipping was? And did you have to pay any duties? Any costs (other than GST/PST) that I should be aware of in importing these shoes into Canada?

I'm in the same boat you are, a wearer of mass market shoes found in Brown's, Aldo etc... but then I found this site. Good Lord this site is going to cost me a fortune.:(:icon_smile:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi there, as a fellow Canadian can you tell me how much shipping was? And did you have to pay any duties? Any costs (other than GST/PST) that I should be aware of in importing these shoes into Canada?

I'm in the same boat you are, a wearer of mass market shoes found in Brown's, Aldo etc... but then I found this site. Good Lord this site is going to cost me a fortune.:(:icon_smile:
Pediwear ships C&Js for free to Canada. I was expecting to at least pay our 5% tax, plus 18% for duties. However; I was fortunate enough to have them come to me via Canada Post and it slipped past all the duties. I wouldnt count on this though. Needless to say, I was happy to save the extra $100. :aportnoy:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Pediwear ships C&Js for free to Canada. I was expecting to at least pay our 5% tax, plus 18% for duties. However; I was fortunate enough to have them come to me via Canada Post and it slipped past all the duties. I wouldnt count on this though. Needless to say, I was happy to save the extra $100. :aportnoy:
Thanks, 18% duties eh? Ouch. Glad it got past duties though.

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
Thanks that confirmed my suspicions about C&J. In Loake I think it would be an 11F. I want to order a pair of C&J shoes but the shipping would kill you if you get it wrong. Thanks.
You could contact Pediwear and see about expedients such as sending them an outline tracing of your foot, etc. Also, keep in mind that slightly too-small shoes can usually be stretched a bit to fit. A cobbler can do it, or you could buy your own shoe stretcher:

https://shoes.about.com/od/fitcomfort/a/shoe_stretchers.htm

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.