Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have decided to get a pair, but am uncertain about sizing. I have 7 pair of C&J shoes, as follows: Connaught - U.S. Barneys branded 10D; Chelsea 3 - U.K. 9.5E; Westfield - U.K. 9E; Portman - U.K. 9E; Weybridge - U.K. 9.5E; Cranford 3 - U.K. 9.5E; and Selbourne - U.K. 9.5E.

Both the Selbourne and the Cranford fit a little large, but the 9's were impossible on my feet, so back they went; everything else fits fine.

I know I will be either a UK 9 or 9.5E in the Norwich, but I don't really want to spend another $60.00 returning shoes to the UK, so I thought I'd see what the majority opinion is. I am leaning to the 9, as the C&J site indicates that the Norwich fits large. Also, it's a derby, and derbies are usually more accommodating. However, the toe box is narrow on this shoe. So, I would really appreciate some input.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Have you looked at the lasts? I don't know enough about C and J to tell you which lasts you have but their website show pretty much details this. If you know the lasts that fit you best then you may have some idea as to which models will fit you well. For example - at least for me I had a pair of Hallam in 348 last. These were very snug on me compared to a a weymouth which is a 373 last. Of course, your mileage may vary...

·
Registered
6,593 Posts
You have nothing in the 348 last. Based on the shoes you have that fit well and the ones that are a little large, I think a 9 UK would be best for you in the longish 348 last. The narrower toebox should not be as much of a concern as C&J states you will have an inch or so room in front of your toes. It is designed to have the narrow part of the toe box empty.

For a more precise answer, email C&J as you have 6 shoes already in varying lasts. They should have no problem dialing in your correct size in the 348.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
You have nothing in the 348 last. Based on the shoes you have that fit well and the ones that are a little large, I think a 9 UK would be best for you in the longish 348 last. The narrower toebox should not be as much of a concern as C&J states you will have an inch or so room in front of your toes. It is designed to have the narrow part of the toe box empty.

For a more precise answer, email C&J as you have 6 shoes already in varying lasts. They should have no problem dialing in your correct size in the 348.
Agree that direct communication with C&J is wise. Momsdoc encyclopedic knowledge and recollection of all of the the C&J lasts is not only intimidating but a bit scary.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.