Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
Dear Forum Members,

What are the major differences between C&J Coniston and AS Cambridge? Is there anyone here that has both?

Thank you.
I will offer some opinions, but I'm sorry that they based upon very limited information. While I have footwear from both makers, I've not even seen either boot in the flesh.

From my experience, I would expect both boots to be very high quality with fine materials. And I believe that both boots will be suitable for similar purposes. That said said, the C&J boot is a bit sleeker and more refined than the AS boot, and likely could be dressed up a bit more. Whereas the AS boot may fair slightly better in rough use. Note that while they both have Dainite soles, the C&J boot's midsole is a bit thinner, where the AS boot's is thicker and it looks more at home in the rough.

Cost no object, I'd take the C&J boot unless I intended it for heavier duty outdoors. But in my real life, I couldn't justify the cost of either for my circumstances and would seek a lower cost alternative such as something from Meermin or a similar maker.

· Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
On a slightly different note not worthy of a new thread I am wearing my CJ for B.B. calf shoes for the first time today. Literally the first pair of shoes that did not require any break in. That includes several pairs of AEs on at least 4 lasts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hmm . . . ? :icon_scratch:

That's suggestive of something! :D

· Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
It's the instep. I have really high arches. Even the Hopkinson 201 last does not fit my particular foot as well. I do however wear on a regular basis 3 pairs of 65 last AEs as well as the 201 last. I'm ignoring qualitative aspects of the shoes - fit and comfort only.

It's not a miracle shoe, this 341 last just happens to fit better than anything else I own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you have a high instep, be aware the Alfred Sargent's lasts tend to be particularly generous in that regard.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.