Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Does anyone know of any proper button makers in the Birmingham area (once famous for its many button makers) or have they all died out? I ask because I has sent a velvet blazer (from Silver's of Reading which I think is no more) with real MOP buttons to the dry cleaners a week ago and have only just now discovered to my horror that one of the buttons have been chipped. Although it is unnoticable at a distance and it will only probably take one more knocking before it disintergrates as the back side of it has also been chipped and the button is now slightly thin that side.

I want to find a good button maker who can try to replicate the other undamaged button so I can replace the damaged one. I love the look of the buttons (which match and compliment the colour of the blazer) and really want to keep the blazer as close to the original as possible rather go and buy a new set of buttons.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Hello,
I do know of at least one firm that should be able to help:

The London Badge & Button Co Ltd, 77 Warstone Lane, Birmingham, West Midlands, B18 6NL.

I believe that they still supply a lot of the buttons to the better Savile Row tailors etc and I think Benson and Clegg in London (a great place to look for blazer buttons by the way) are a stockist:

Another great London source is The Button Queen in Marylebone:

https://www.thebuttonqueen.co.uk/

Both TBQ and B&C have great mail order services available so may still be of use to you.

Hope this helps,

Chris.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.