Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really like the look of button-down shirts on my wife, but she has a hard time finding shirts that fit due to a larger than average bust size (still not huge - don't tell her I said that), but it seems that almost all of the shirts she finds are intended for rather petite-chested women. Any time we're out shopping and I pick out some shirts for her to wear, she gets depressed because they don't fit - so I've given up for now.

Don't get me wrong, she still finds plenty of nice things to wear, and IMNSHO looks fantastic, but this is one type of clothing I'd love to find a way to make work. Anyone have suggestions?

· Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I noticed in their catalog that Brooks Bros. has a custom program for women's blouses. I did not pay sufficient attention to recall prices or any other details.

Cheers, Jim.
Thanks, she does have a suit from BB that she loves, although she rarely wears it - I might be able to talk her into at least checking it out.

· Registered
3 Posts
As a larger-chested woman, I have to say that I've had very good luck with the Brooks Brothers "Fitted" and "Tailored" fits - they're the only shirts I bother buying anymore. I had some shirts custom made, and found I preferred the Brooks shirts (perhaps a function of most custom shirt makers being unaccustomed to doing women's shirts). As of last summer, the Brooks 3/4 sleeve shirts were, for some reason, cut smaller in the bust, so I'd advise you to steer clear of those unless she's able to go to the store and try them in on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.