Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Preparing my clothing for tomorrow's frigid day in NYC, I picked out a Brown/Tan Check Cashmere sportcoat and Medium/Dark Grey Flannel trousers. What do you all think of the color combo? What color shirt/tie/sweater should I go with?

Thanks in advance.

Rob

·
Connoisseur
5,988 Posts
I'm not a fan of the brown/grey combo and would opt instead for tan or brown pants, or something in an earth tone, along with a light blue shirt. I think a maroon tie would look good, perhaps with some tan swirled in. With the blue shirt and maroon tie I would probably stick with a sweater in an earth tone also. I like to match the sweater color with the pants moreso than the jacket.

Cruiser

·
Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
Preparing my clothing for tomorrow's frigid day in NYC, I picked out a Brown/Tan Check Cashmere sportcoat and Medium/Dark Grey Flannel trousers. What do you all think of the color combo? What color shirt/tie/sweater should I go with?

Thanks in advance.

Rob
I think it's a classic. Blue shirt, maroon tie, and PS with a little of each.

PS, Interesting that I wrote the above before reading the other responses, hmmm . . . ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.