Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
3,258 Posts
I haven't received mine yet. I dropped by the store briefly today. Other than the new casual brushed twill navy blazers (which are sized S, M, L, XL), I haven't seen much yet to inspire me. Maybe the new catalog will!

· Registered
2,396 Posts
Got it yesterday and read thru it last night. Very confusing. Too many non iron shirts. The only thing I would consider is MTM and some of the sweaters. They didn't include anything from Black Fleece. I guess they will send out a separate catalog for that. Really, the only way to do BB is to go in person to check it out.

· Registered
14 Posts
Also how does one distinguish between the various 'lines' within BB. I know that 346 is clearly identified ... but I have heard of 1818, Golden Fleece, etc.

Would appreciate if someone could clarify.

thanks

· Registered
953 Posts
the label in each will help you distinguish. They generally go in increasing quality:

346 (outlet brand)
Brooks Brothers
Golden Fleece.

Black Fleece is new and fashion-based stuff, and I'm not sure where it ranks among the other things, though probably the pieces are a mix of qualities ranging from BB up to (maybe?) golden fleece.

· Registered
1,567 Posts
Despite my ardent admiration of all things Brooks (thus the screen name) I did find four words that should never be uttered sequentially: "Golden Fleece Notch Tuxedo". IMHO that's the equivalent of a Big Mac made with Kobe beef.

· Registered
4,374 Posts
Despite my ardent admiration of all things Brooks (thus the screen name) I did find four words that should never be uttered sequentially: "Golden Fleece Notch Tuxedo". IMHO that's the equivalent of a Big Mac made with Kobe beef.
Gotta agree with that. While I'm certainly not offended by those who prefer notch tuxes, it is dispiriting to see Brooks make the offering. Are there no trad standard bearers left?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.