Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
The formalwear section looks more coherently grouped, with all the white tie gear together and the white vest now shown in correct proportion to the tailcoat (the vest was too long in volume I). Other than that, the little book looks pretty much the same to me.

·
Banned
16,023 Posts
Once again, lots about their heritage, little of it for sale. I suggest we all band together and tell Brooks that we need more selection. It's worth a try.

·
Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
Once again, lots about their heritage, little of it for sale. I suggest we all band together and tell Brooks that we need more selection. It's worth a try.
I'm a catalog junkie as well as a style junkie. And I'm a Packrat. I've always considered spring/summer men's catalogs the minors, whereas fall/winter are obviously the majors. And what most depresses me about Brooks is that I can look through their 2006 fall/winter catalog and literally find about 4 or 5 times more items I would like to own compared to their most recent. Brooks was sort of restored when RBA bought them, but it's been down hill more each season ever since. I shudder to think where bottom might be.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
What do you mean? Almost everything in there is for sale. The only stuff not for sale would be from archive photos. Any item in there with an 'item number' is for sale.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
I'd love to join you all but I'm spending full time picketing General Motors' headquarters and won't leave until they agree to start producing the '57 Chevy Bel Air Convertible again. Once I've accomplished that I'll join you all in trying to persuade Brooks to resume selling clothing they stopped selling because they couldn't sell enough of each to make a profit. Let me know how that works out for you.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
I also learned today that there won't be a hard copy version of the Timeless Classics Volume 2. While I understand the expense involved, having a 260-page online handbook isn't the most convenient format, and for late adopters (myself included) having something to hold is more interesting than flipping through 260 computer screens.

·
Registered
5,808 Posts
These are strange catalogues. Many of the product listings are simply reproduced from the first Timeless Classics catalogue with no new photography. The shoe photos make their shoes look particularly crappy: they must have hired the same team that photographs shoes for AE. I do enjoy the "heritage moments" sections, though.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I have not received a hard copy. I like the catalog, by the way (guess I'm a bit of a contrarian). Sure, it doesn't have hard-core trad stuff like O'Connell's or J. Press, but it certainly is above average compared to everything else out there.

·
Banned
16,023 Posts
I'd love to join you all but I'm spending full time picketing General Motors' headquarters and won't leave until they agree to start producing the '57 Chevy Bel Air Convertible again. Once I've accomplished that I'll join you all in trying to persuade Brooks to resume selling clothing they stopped selling because they couldn't sell enough of each to make a profit. Let me know how that works out for you.
Amusing, but that's not really what I'm talking about. I'm talking about making items that fit right (like the aforementioned "high armhole action") and are constructed well again as well as button down collars that don't feel stiff. It couldn't kill them to offer at least one sack suit, though.

·
Registered
5,808 Posts
Brooksfan said:
Has anyone seen the new version yet in a hard copy? I can't believe they really expect people will flip through 262 pages online.
I did, but then I'm not normal.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.