Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with the fit of the BrooksStretch suits made for the factory stores. I've never tried one on but I'm wondering if any of you guys can compare them to any of the other fits BB has. I'm a fan of the Regent fit and Fitzgerald fit in the 1818 line. Are these 346 suits full-cut or are they somewhat slimmer?

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with the fit of the BrooksStretch suits made for the factory stores. I've never tried one on but I'm wondering if any of you guys can compare them to any of the other fits BB has. I'm a fan of the Regent fit and Fitzgerald fit in the 1818 line. Are these 346 suits full-cut or are they somewhat slimmer?
I believe they are cut more in line with the Madison.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I never tried the 346 but I do have the 1818 fitzgerald. From what I know the 1818' s are half canvased and the 346 are all fused. I don't think the 346 would be a good value. The other BB suits are good especially if you get them on sale so look for that. That is what I did.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
They are a more full cut type similar to the Brooksease fit.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
You can't expect to get the same quality as 1818 BB at a factory

discount store. I am a great fan of BB 1818 suits, but I avoid even going to one of their discount stores. If cost is a factor, I would go to JAB before going to BB fctory outlets.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
discount store. I am a great fan of BB 1818 suits, but I avoid even going to one of their discount stores. If cost is a factor, I would go to JAB before going to BB fctory outlets.
I like the factory stores because quite often, especially now, there are good deals on retail clothes. I just picked up an 1818 Regent in Brown Flannel for $380 after all discounts and I've gotten 1818/Makers shirts for a song as well. Especially as inventory isn't moving as quickly in the retail stores, it ends up at discount shops. You just have to know what your looking for.

I asked about the 346 suits because they sometimes have sales of them for 2 for $400 and its not a bad idea to have a bump-around suit to leave at the office in case tragedy strikes while at work. I've had it happen before and I wish I had an extra suit laying around "just in case." IE, you're walking through the Boston Common on a clear sunny day and suddenly the sky opens up unexpectedly and drenches you from head to toe. I was just wondering before I tried one on.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've since tried on a 346 suit and must say that I like it just fine. The fit is a little fuller than the Regent, but they have odd sizes so its easier for me to get into a suit comfortably. The 37S fits great.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.