Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Admittedly, this will only probably concern a tiny minority of us on the Trad forum, but I received a letter today from BB stating that their Bellevue, Washington store is to close at the end of August '08. No reason given, but if I had to guess, I would say it is due to slow or no sales. Whenever I shopped there, the store was empty and quiet.

This leaves only the downtown Seattle Brooks and the outlet store north of Seattle for a BB retail presence in Washington.

On the upside, they did send a 15% off coupon good only at the Seattle store.

Cheers.

·
Registered
625 Posts
That's a shame. They could use a second one here in Dallas as the only one they have is always over-picked and out of my size half the time I visit. I need to start going on weekdays to see if inventories are different then.

·
Registered
445 Posts
one of the salesmen mentioned to me that the lease was becoming too expensive for them.
they may actually move to another location nearby. he mentioned it might be where neiman marcus will be.

Admittedly, this will only probably concern a tiny minority of us on the Trad forum, but I received a letter today from BB stating that their Bellevue, Washington store is to close at the end of August '08. No reason given, but if I had to guess, I would say it is due to slow or no sales. Whenever I shopped there, the store was empty and quiet.

This leaves only the downtown Seattle Brooks and the outlet store north of Seattle for a BB retail presence in Washington.

On the upside, they did send a 15% off coupon good only at the Seattle store.

Cheers.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I agree with you. I usually didn't see many other customers while shopping at this BB. Since economic conditions are unfavorable companies are paying closer attention to the bottom line.

one of the salesmen mentioned to me that the lease was becoming too expensive for them.
they may actually move to another location nearby. he mentioned it might be where neiman marcus will be.
I can't imagine that the Neiman Marcus location will be less expensive. However, the Bravern surely strives to be the premier shopping destination on the eastside.
There going to give Kemper Freeman Jr. (Bellevue Sq. developer) a run for his money!

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Closing, not moving

Well, it appears that the BB Bellevue store is closing and not moving. I called this morning and the salesperson I spoke with confirmed that they are closing down shop and not moving to any new location.
I then asked her if they were going to have a clearance sale and she said that all their stock would be sent either to the Seattle retail store or to their distribution center. She said it would not go directly to the outlet store in Marysville.

So, there we have it.

Cheers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.