Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
I haven't seen any Brooksgate in a "real" BB store in decades . . .you must mean the suits they sell at the outlet stores. But I thought those were called "346" or something.

At any rate, the Brooks outlet-store suits are nothing to write home about.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I haven't seen any Brooksgate in a "real" BB store in decades . . .you must mean the suits they sell at the outlet stores. But I thought those were called "346" or something.

At any rate, the Brooks outlet-store suits are nothing to write home about.
This is an older suit, but I loved the retro look. It still looks modern enough to me and has a nice mini houndstooth check pattern. This should be the real deal, and not an outlet piece. Just vintage.

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
OK, I get it now.

Brooksgate was BB's entry-level, junior-executive line back in the day (I owned some of the stuff back in the 80s, when I was a poor student)--the name was meant to evoke the notion that it was a "gateway" to the better BB stuff (sort of like the idea of a "gateway drug," I guess).

There were shirts and ties as well as tailored pieces. It was all sold in the regular BB stores, as back then there was no subchain of BB outlets such as we have now.

My guess would be that all the suits and jackets were fused.

That suit looks pretty tired and dated to me, but if you're going for some sort of retro/thrifted look, I suppose it could be the ticket.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.