Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This deal seems to be back again. I was wondering if anybody thought that this Brooks Buy was here to stay? I was hoping that it might be around next April or so but if people feel like it might only be temporary I might stock up on a couple of suits and if my size changes by April I can always exchange them.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
It probably won't be here to stay; however, to be completely honest, I think that is an abuse of a return policy to return a suit simply because you change size (and I would be uncomfortable doing so).

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
I don't know why it's an abuse. When you buy from BB, you're certainly paying for it.
So you don't think it is wrong to wear a suit for 4-6 months, then return it and get a new one because you changed sizes?

Would you buy a TV and 6 months later return it because a bigger/better one came out that you wanted?

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
I don't know why it's an abuse. When you buy from BB, you're certainly paying for it.
Losses from returns of unsaleable merchandise is a business expense, which is built into their financial forecasts. That doesn't mean you should do it.

Grocery stores expect to pay people to run out and get cards left scattered all over the parking lot; Disney expects to pay people to scrape gum off the sidewalks in their parking lots. Companies expect to spend money to prevent inconsiderate people from ruining everyone else's experience.

However, Brooks Brothers' return policy seems to allow it:

Brooks Brothers guarantees its merchandise and your satisfaction. Purchases may be exchanged or returned at any time. With a receipt, full merchandise refunds will be issued by original payment method. Without a receipt, refunds will only be issued at current sale price on a Brooks Brothers Merchandise Credit Card. Cash refunded only in amounts of $200 or less at Brooks Brothers retail stores in the United States only.

If the OP means that he's going to buy four suits and keep two of them with the tags on until he sees if he'll lose (or gain) some weight, that's less offensive, but it would still mean that he's returning off-season clothes that will have to sit in a warehouse for months before they have an opportunity of selling them.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
So you don't think it is wrong to wear a suit for 4-6 months, then return it and get a new one because you changed sizes?

Would you buy a TV and 6 months later return it because a bigger/better one came out that you wanted?
I would never wear it. I would just hold onto it. I don't need any suits currently. However, I decided that I didn't think the plan was very ethical so I am not going to do it. Hopefully, they will have another sale like that next year and I can pick up a couple suits on the cheap.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
I would never wear it. I would just hold onto it. I don't need any suits currently. However, I decided that I didn't think the plan was very ethical so I am not going to do it. Hopefully, they will have another sale like that next year and I can pick up a couple suits on the cheap.
My mistake. I didn't realize that you were planning on not wearing them.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Brooks Brothers will have another sale after Christmas and they'll have a couple spring time sales.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've had enough of my light weight suits from when I lived in California and have decided to buy a 2 or 4 heavier/medium weight fabric suits with this sale. I called the store in Seattle and asked when the sale ended and I was informed that the sale was on their suits that went up to 999$ and the sale lasts until November 25th.

I noticed that their suits that ranged up to 1098$ seemed to also be included in their online store with this sale. When I asked the salesperson about it, he reiterated that only the suits that ranged to 999$ were included in this sale and was unable to explain this anomaly.

Considering that a few of the 1098$ suits are heavier weight suits, I might be interested in one or more, so I want to get to the bottom of this. Does anyone have any idea if the 1098$ suits are just included online, or if there is some sort of mistake?

Thanks,

JB

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, I called earlier to ask them about the sale and how long it lasted and the lady couldn't tell me. She said it seems that the sale is only online. However, if I read your statement right you went into the store and they were having the sale as well, so who knows.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The offer has now expanded to ALL 1818 suits, even those that are 1098 regular price.
The saleperson I was speaking to at the Seattle store yesterday had a tough time ebracing that. I need to find a way to communicate that to them effectively, or I guess I could just buy that one online. I wonder if that would affect the cost of the alterations.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.