Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gents,

Anyone have any news about the post-Christmas sale at BB? Specifically, I was talking with someone at a Boston store a moment ago who suggested that shell cordovan shoes might be excluded this year due to "scarcity." I know that last year you could get them before noon on 12/26 (or through presale with a friendly salesperson) for the ~40% discount.

Any BB insiders who can confirm or deny a shell exclusion in this year's sale?

Thanks.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I have the same question. They've been excluded from sales from awhile now, to the point where they were removed from the website entirely for some sales. However, historically they were always discounted for the Christmas sale, although usually for a flat $50. rather than whatever percentage everything else was marked down. I get the feeling we may not now until 12/24 when the website posts pricing.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I talked to another Brooks Brothers employee who I'm inclined to believe is aware of the sale. I was told that the shell shoes will be discounted at a flat $50 per pair (as it used to be). So, that basically means that BB wants us to think that $548 a pair is a good deal even though comparable offerings from the Shoe Mart, Leather Soul, etc. at FULL PRICE are less expensive. I think I'll wait for the January sale at TSM (I hope that will still happen...)

·
Registered
29 Posts
There is a pair of Black Fleece pebble longwings that I have been eyeing for some time. They appear to be made by Alden, and retail for $700-800. They are on sale right now for $480 (assuming they are the $800 variety), which seems like an aweful lot for Aldens. They ma be pebble shell, whidh i guess makes them a little more reasonable, but Im not sure...

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
There is a pair of Black Fleece pebble longwings that I have been eyeing for some time. They appear to be made by Alden, and retail for $700-800. They are on sale right now for $480 (assuming they are the $800 variety), which seems like an aweful lot for Aldens. They ma be pebble shell, whidh i guess makes them a little more reasonable, but Im not sure...
The Black Fleece pebble grain black longwings are not shell, they are calf. However, Black Fleece also has the black shell longwing. I bought both shoes last year the day after Christmas when they were on somewhat deep discount. They are nice shoes, I've enjoyed both pair.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Does anyone have any add't insight into the 12/26 sale? I am jonesing for a new sack blazer, and prob. need a few suits. The 1818 suits are 2 for 999 again, but if I can save an add't 15%, then I'll wait until 12/26. Ditto some other stuff, like sweaters, etc.

Can anyone provide some inside info?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Jayjay, or anyone who happens to know, is the Black Fleece stuff discounted at the after-xmas sale more than it is discounted during the current sale?
I don't know. Most items are currently 40% off, but I'm hoping it'll be 50% on the 25th and 26th. I'm keeping my fingers crossed because with the additional 15% off, the items will be at a very nice price.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I don't know. Most items are currently 40% off, but I'm hoping it'll be 50% on the 25th and 26th. I'm keeping my fingers crossed because with the additional 15% off, the items will be at a very nice price.
exactly.

btw, is the rest of the store, ie the regular BB stuff, %15 off further than what it is now, the %40 on the 25th and 26th?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.