Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Ties

My friend

I have these as well. I would look at Marinella, Rubinacci, or Battistoni if going to pay retail.
Also, look at Stefanno Ricci. These are about the same but will give you more thought in your purchase. And may help.
Also our own tie master here FIH.

I would take the Brioni tie to answer your question.

Nice day

·
Registered
953 Posts
I have one charvet - a basketweave in black/grey/white which has never snagged and to this day is the ideal tie in my book. Very light silk, very resilient, drapes and knots beautifully.

Don't get me wrong, I like thicker ties from time to time, and different fabrics and weaves, but as far as a desert-island tie, that's mine.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
I own examples of both and find them equal in terms of construction and quality. As for Charvet being delicate; no more so than other ties. If properly cared for they should be fine.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I have found charvet and brioni ties at NM Last Call for under $40. They are both very well made ties. As to the poster who mentioned the charvet snagging, that has not been my experience. Not to hijack this thread but I stll consider my Brooks Brothers' ties every bit as good and durable as these ties and on the retail level (which I would never consider paying) much less expensive.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Both are quality ties.
My vote goes to Charvet.

Especially the basket weave ones, in 2 or 3 colors ties - where weave basically forms a checkerboard pattern.

Some Charvet ties are too shiny, and the patterns on some too busy, but some of them are just the way they should be.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have several of both, but they are two different animals. I'm actually wearing a Charvet today that is absolutely gorgeous, but it is a little too thin for my liking. I'd say that given the choice I would probably pick Brioni.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.