Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought this charcoal gray Brioni cashmere overcoat. Retail price $7000 bought it for half price at a famous NY department store. It is charcoal gray and has a faint light gray vertical pinstripe. Fit is pretty good and will probably be great with normal alterations. I am not sure about the color in terms of how it fits my light complexion and also how versatile the garment is. The fabric is so soft it is like heaven. But the half price bargain aside, would greatly appreciate any thoughts. Unfortunately I am not allowed to post pictures on this forum at this time. Thank you. Fred.

· Registered
184 Posts
Solid Investment

You'll need to wear that overcoat on days when you're in a solid suit. But it sounds like a keeper. Charcoal generally works wonderfully well with pale complexions. Who on earth told you otherwise? You made a wise, wise, purchase. I've never regretted having bought anything Brioni.

· Registered
2,689 Posts
Just bought this charcoal gray Brioni cashmere overcoat. It is charcoal gray and has a faint light gray vertical pinstripe. Fit is pretty good and will probably be great with normal alterations.
With plain suit - great!

With pinstripe suit - I am not a fan of stripes on stripes with suits and shirt, but it works depending on the stripes of the shirt and suit. It would be the same with this, if not easier because i. once you are inside, you take the overcoat off and ii. it would not clash with the suit blazer because the lines are faint.

With other pattern suits - this would depend on the pattern of the suit or blazer, if it is too loud then you should avoid with the overcoat; unless you do not wear the blazer.

Other options - if you go out, you could wear the overcoat with shirt and trousers and in the autumn/winter, the same but with a sweater. This is good choice for evenings out and look good because there would be not blazer to clash with.

The stripes are faint as well, which is a big bonus. However, if you do not want it, give it to me. :icon_smile_big:

· Registered
542 Posts
Congratulations on a great bargain. Wear it in good health!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.