Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the Brigade of Guards regimental pattern? Is it just a generic name for a two-colored stripe pattern? I have seen the name assigned to several 2-color combinations - all of the ones below, either rightfully or erroneously, appear to be called the Brigade of Guards pattern.

·
Registered
350 Posts
The Brigade of Guards comprises the Grenadier Guards, Coldstream Guards, Scots Guards, Irish Guards and the Welsh Guards - the Foot Guards.

Also known as the Household Division, certain regiments are entitled to wear the Tactical Recognition Flash (TRF) blue/red/blue. This corresponds to the relevant colour tie above. Mainly London Reigments will wear this TRF if connected - i.e Honourable Artilley Company (HAC), Life Guards, RHA, Blues & Royals.

In addition officers rank insignia differs from other Regiments - mainly a Garter Star (pips) or Order of Thistle for Scots Guards.

I am sure other members will be able to identify the other ties - the 4th tie may be Hussars?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.