Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone identify the brand and model of briefcase that Tom Cruise carries in the movie Valkyrie? At first glance it looks like an SAB dispatch bag, but I thought I saw a view of the back of the case, and it looked like the belts do not go all the way around. Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,335 Posts

Given that the film sought to faithfully depict events in WWII Germany, I assumed the bag (shown partially in the photo above) was simply a replica of the German military equipment of the time.

It would seem an odd choice for a modern product placement deal... just sayin'.

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you watch the movie again, you will notice that the briefcase does not look like anything SAB currently offers. While SAB may have custom made the Stauffenberg briefcase for the film, the link above tells me that they are merely trying to cash in on the film's success.

·
Registered
12 Posts
While I do not doubt that many Germans patronized English clothiers prior to the war, I am pointing out the fact that the briefcase found in the link above from classic luggage does not match the Stauffenberg briefcase in the film Valkyrie. It had two protruding pockets on which the two locks were located for the top flap.

While SAB may have done a custom job for the film, the briefcase from the link is just trying to pass itself off as a replica of the briefcase from the film.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
While I do not doubt that many Germans patronized English clothiers prior to the war, I am pointing out the fact that the briefcase found in the link above from classic luggage does not match the Stauffenberg briefcase in the film Valkyrie. It had two protruding pockets on which the two locks were located for the top flap.

While SAB may have done a custom job for the film, the briefcase from the link is just trying to pass itself off as a replica of the briefcase from the film.
I wasn't saying otherwise. Could be anything. Even Prada or Gucci.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.