Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find I have four suits by DAKS and two sports jackets. I feel I am "man at DAKS" I don't know how to break out of this.

Does anybody else find themselves staying with tried and tested brands in this way?

· Vendor
1,739 Posts
A few thoughts- If it's not broken, don't fix it. Variety is the spice of life. March to your own drummer. In much the same way that you can find biblical verses to support opposite positions, you can find people who will find what you are doing makes sense and people who will say it is boring. The only vote that counts is yours.
Paul Winston
Winston Tailors
www.chipp2.com

· Registered
2,865 Posts
Does anybody else find themselves staying with tried and tested brands in this way?
I used to wear Ralph Lauren underwear, then I switched to Nordstrom, and now I wear Brooks Brothers. These changes occurred over the last twenty years, so for many long period I wouldn't think of buying an undershirt or boxers from somewhere else.

I'm much less loyal to shirts. I have a lot of Brooks Brothers, but I also have others ranging from Gant and LLBean to Dolce & Gabanna and Zegna.

Your comment suggests that you're mildly dissatisfied, if only for the fact that you feel stuck in a rut. To me, the best way out of a rut is to try a different shop with knowledgable salespeople, and tell them, "this is what I've been buying, and this is what I like about it, but I want to branch out."

· Registered
356 Posts
Some things are just made to a pattern and style that fits you and appeals to you. There is nothing wrong with appreciating that. I would encourage you to regularly shop around, try things on, and see if anything is better. If it's not, why buy inferior goods just to be different?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.