Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
662 Posts
You may well be correct! I didn't go an look. ;)

Was going strictly by eyeball memory that 2 1/2" would about do it.
I have added buttons myself to several trousers. The first time, I eyeballed it. I noticed when I attached the suspenders, the leather bits formed a U shape, rather than a Y. The buttons were too close, and the trousers didn't hang properly.

· Registered
463 Posts
I may be wrong, as I often am, but is he asking where the connector tab (where the three bands come together) should fit on his back? If so, I'd say between the shoulder blades. It's not critical, but if too low, the straps might want to wander off of your shoulders.

· Registered
662 Posts
I may be wrong, as I often am, but is he asking where the connector tab (where the three bands come together) should fit on his back? If so, I'd say between the shoulder blades. It's not critical, but if too low, the straps might want to wander off of your shoulders.
I wasn't aware there was any way to adjust that point. It just goes where it goes depending on how you adjust the front straps.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes...Kyle76 is spot on...that's what I'm asking about. However, I appreciate the other posts as well...all good information. As Kyle76 stated...if the connection (usually covered up with a leather patch) is to low...the straps want to wander off. Basically, the only fix that I've found is...to sew some material to the trousers so the braces rise.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.