Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading this morning over at the Fedora Lounge and noticed a thread of men asking whether a bracelet is appropriate or not. I have seen very few men wearing them under business shirts, whether that is a suit coat or sports coat, and some of what I see around down are the beaded ones, or the full-on rubber ones like WWJD or Livestrong, or some sort of breaded leather. The ones I saw that attracted my eye were silver cuffs, and some of them had turquoise set in them. Some were handmade, like from an Indian tribe or even in Peru.

I don't know that I could wear a wider cuffed item, but something toward the thinner spectrum and not as intricate might be an option.

To those that have them, do you wear one every day? More than one? Behind the watch or on the opposite wrist? Under business dress shirts? Websites?

· Registered
3,667 Posts
...or some sort of breaded leather....
Go to a cheap diner and order chicken fried steak. You'll get your breaded leather.

The [bracelets] I saw that attracted my eye were silver cuffs, and some of them had turquoise set in them. Some were handmade, like from an Indian tribe or even in Peru. I don't know that I could wear a wider cuffed item, but something toward the thinner spectrum and not as intricate might be an option.
I never wear bracelets--never was interested in them--but I'm not dogmatic on the matter. If you see ones that appeal to you, try them. Life's short, so try a little sartorial spice. Just don't go nuts.

· Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
As a young man, so-called ID bracelets were popular among some, (Especially jewelers!) but I've always found them unacceptable; both cliche and déclassé. On a few occasions, I've even had well intentioned females bestow them as gifts, upon which I tactfully declined acceptance after expressing gratitude.

The ID Bracelet -

· Moderator and Bon Vivant
28,125 Posts
Until the day comes when the need for paramedics becomes more likely! Then, a fully completed medicalert bracelet might just save your afflicted backside. My late wife wore a stainless one for everyday and a solid 14k gold one when stepping out. Latex allergies are not to be taken lightly.

· Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
Until the day comes when the need for paramedics becomes more likely! Then, a fully completed medicalert bracelet might just save your afflicted backside. My late wife wore a stainless one for everyday and a solid 14k gold one when stepping out. Latex allergies are not to be taken lightly.
Absolutely! Plus I make a sexist distinction between acceptability based upon gender.

Almost daily I get robocalls advising me my "name has been submitted" for an emergency notification system, so I'm not sure those days are that far off! :icon_saint7kg:

· Registered
430 Posts
I wear a "RoadID" wrist band. Nylon and Velcro. I am not a fan of anything that looks like jewelry

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

· Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DCR, I have one of those as well and I don't wear it as much as I should, but had gotten it when I biked a little because I might be a few miles from the home. Running, well, I am likely to run a path that might take me 4 or so miles from home.

· Premium Member
7,063 Posts
On men such things need to serve a purpose.

Weddings rings serve a purpose. A watch serves a purpose.

A decorative bracelet does not. It should therefore be omitted.
When your wife takes some of her extra (and inherited) 14k gold jewelry to a trusted jeweler and has them melt it down and made into an exquisitely tasteful bracelet, you better believe that I am wearing it.

· Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
When your wife takes some of her extra (and inherited) 14k gold jewelry to a trusted jeweler and has them melt it down and made into an exquisitely tasteful bracelet, you better believe that I am wearing it.
The lady or the tiger? :eek:

Did this actually happen? As a lover of antique/estate jewelry, I'd find such a predicament truly distressing! :icon_pale:

· Registered
3,969 Posts
Some years ago some men were wearing copper ones for "medical" reasons. At first the reasons sounded appealing. But who wants to be tangled up. The prices they were asking for any of them were unreasonable. And going to the hardware store to buy some copper and hammering it into a bracelet wasn't worth the fuel money.

Did get a bracelet when I was a child with my name on it. Wore it a few times. Still have it around somewhere in a box. They're just not practical for guys. Haven't played a piano for years. When I did even the wrist watch came off. Don't like wrist watches either. A good location for a pocket watch is fine, if I could find one. Cell phones are a problem too. And there not getting smaller, either.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.