Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Despite being 5'11" tall, I find nearly all ties to be too long. I usually tuck the back end into my trousers, but it often gives an oversized or oddly-shaped (in a four-in-hand, for example) knot.

I had a sort of "eureka!" moment when I realized that Brooks Brothers's boy's ties in size "50" are actually 52" long, only 5" shorter than the standard length. They're also less than half the cost; on sale recently they were either $20 or $27 apiece. So I bought a couple, all in classic repp stripes.

3.25" wide, 52" long. Ties a fairly small knot.

As far as I can tell, they're just smaller versions of the "Men's" size.

Works for me.

· Registered
3,297 Posts
I don't understand how at 5'11" you can't find a tie that works for you. I'm 5'6" and standard length ties work perfectly well on me. However I'm glad you found something that works for you.

· Registered
610 Posts
Despite being 5'11" tall, I find nearly all ties to be too long. I usually tuck the back end into my trousers, but it often gives an oversized or oddly-shaped (in a four-in-hand, for example) knot.

I had a sort of "eureka!" moment when I realized that Brooks Brothers's boy's ties in size "50" are actually 52" long, only 5" shorter than the standard length. They're also less than half the cost; on sale recently they were either $20 or $27 apiece. So I bought a couple, all in classic repp stripes.

3.25" wide, 52" long. Ties a fairly small knot.

As far as I can tell, they're just smaller versions of the "Men's" size.

Works for me.
Being primarily a Childrenswear retailer most of what I stock on the mens Site (FIH) is available in 3 smaller sizes as well plus a couple of hundred styles.

If you cant find anything over at BB give me a holler.

(Prices though are more than BB)

· Registered
1,130 Posts
I have a slim neck, no gut for the tie to travel around, and I wear pants on my waist. The short-tie trifecta, I guess.
Congrats. And yes it's your neck. I'm only 5'8 and a standard is perfect, but I have a 17.5 neck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.