Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The alliteration was unintentional, I promise.

In your opinion, which companies provide good quality bowties at a price point on the more reasonable side? I won't provide an exact price as to not stifle your creativity, but lets keep it somewhat conservative...

Looking mostly for stripes and spots.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. I ended up going with some Talbott bowties using O'Connell's 10% Talbott discount through April and also the 50 year anniversary discount - hopefully they'll allow me to stack those.

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Thanks guys. I have not worn a bow tie since I was about three years old but I have been thinking about picking up a couple for awhile now.

Great links to get some ideas,...

Best wishes,

Bill Woodward
Portland, Oregon

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
I've had very good experiences with Beau Ties Ltd myself.

I've never been to their store, but I did wear one of their ties (navy blue with a repeating pattern of turkey drumsticks) to the Middlebury Inn last Thanksgiving. :)

·
Registered
6,832 Posts
FWIW, I'm about to send back my second navy Churchill dot bow tie to BB. The first began fraying after less than five wears, both the navy silk and the white-thread dots, and the dots on this one are now doing the same--they're tufted out as if attacked by pecking birds. Possible, I suppose, that this has something to do with the way I tie it, which is to say, cinched snug, or perhaps it will sort itself out, but in any case, it's going back. For an exchange, except in a different pattern. When stuff like this happens, BB stands behind the product and makes things right, which might well be true of these other vendors. But as someone else said, they're a lot cheaper than some others--so long as your tastes fall toward stripes.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
As someone who's just recently started buying ties, I'm continually amazed at how high they retail for.
Though for me this has just lent a useful excuse to thrift store tie excesses.
When you see the workmanship that goes into a well-made tie, you get an understanding of the high prices.

What I don't get is the price of pocket squares. They use less material and far less work than a tie, but they're often the same price!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.