Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know if there is any relation between the shirt size
and the overall self tie bow tie length. Many self tied bow ties
are sold as a adjustable. Some of them not. I guess the 33" (84 cm)
is too small for me with 19 shirt size.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Try Mainebows.com or Carrott&Gibbs. They both offer longer bow ties. I have a 20" neck and there is no way a standard bow tie is going to fit right. I find Carrott & Gibbs to be a little higher quality, but I have several bowties from both. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
164 Posts
jst...I just measured my favorite Carrot and Gibbs bowtie. It is exactly 39" end to end, for a 20" neck. This tie came with a series of buttons and button holes on the back to adjust the length. The Mainebows bowties mentioned above have a metal slide that adjusts the length like you might see on pre-tied bowties. I absolutely like the Carrot & Gibbs ties better, but they are a little more expensive. I hope this helps. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
I have a 17" neck so I don't have this problem, but I've been very happy with the quality from Beau Ties and from Carrot & Gibbs.

The best thing about the Carrot & Gibbs ties is that you can undo them in the back if you're particularly hapy with the way a knot turned out...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.