Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Site Creator
11,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the past few months several AAAC readers have told me about a new line of pants called Bonobos and how well they fit and how great they are! I couldn't pass up that much buzz so I just got two pair from https://www.bonobos.com

These are really unique trousers. The workmanship is remarkable and I'm told parts of the pants are hand made in New York City. How are they unique? The waistband features an anatomically correct curved waistband that fits the body better.

They come in medium rise with a tailored cut through the thigh and a choice of boot cut or straight leg. Only sold through their website (us guys love that, we don't have to go out shopping) and they save money not having to pay rent, etc.

Both of the pairs I received have great detailing in the inside. One is even a floral fabric. And the polished nickel zippers and unique (I've never seen one of these) custom slide-snap closures crafted in Italy.

The length comes unhemmed per the chart on their site, so you can get them altered. It's an extra expense but ensures a perfect fit. The directions for fit and care that come with the pants wisely suggest that you wash or dry clean them (for shrinkage) before you get them altered to your specification.

Unbelievable choice of styles and fabrics (and that might be a problem!) The Price ranges are:

Cotton twill--$110-$120
Corduroy--$110-$130
Premium Wool-$190
Ultra premium wool and 100% Cashmere -$275 and up

And some more fun info:

Founded in 2007 by Stanford roommates Brian Spaly and Andy Dunn, Bonobos got its start by selling pants to classmates in the parking lot behind the business school.

How it got started https://www.bonobos.com/about/founders/

Where they got the name https://www.bonobos.com/about/story/why-the-name.php

Testimonials: https://www.bonobos.com/blog/

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bonobos Pants

I came across this website last December. I have a terrible time finding clothes that fit. I was hesitant at first, due to the high price of these pants.

The fact that they pay for shipping and have a lifetime guarantee (no questions asked) on all of their pants is what sealed the deal for me to try a pair out.

I ordered the Mint juleps (mint green lightweight corduroys). I am 6'1 with a 32" waist and narrow build. Dept store clothes don't fit me correctly and Bonobos caters to more athletic builds which I like.

Although, I have not had the luxury of having pants made to fit my measurements this is the next best thing. I will have to say that it will be very hard for me to ever wear another brand of pants at this point. I now own 2 pairs and am saving up for a 3rd. They truly are the most comfortable, best fitting pants I own and I always receive compliments on them.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I'll second, third, and fourth the praise heaped upon Bonobos pants in this thread. They're pricey for somewhat casual pants, but they're not that expensive when you consider that they're mainly positioned as an alternative to equally pricey designer jeans. In situations where I could wear a $250 pair of jeans, I'd look much better and sharper in a less expensive pair of Bonobos trousers. They're also nice enough to pass in business casual environments. The same often cannot be said of even the nicest jeans.

The pants fit very well (although you'll probably need to wash them a few times to get the fit just right) and are very stylish. Many of the designs also feature a wild interior lining -- the sort of "go to hell!" detail that's not visible to anyone but the wearer (or the lady in your life). I love it.

Right now I've got a pair of red cords, a pair of powder blue trousers, and a pair of navy trousers -- each of which figures regularly into my casual rotation. I'm definitely saving up for another pair in navy or olive, as I'm increasingly warming to the idea of Bonobos as a stylish business casual staple.

At the risk of sounding like a Bonobos shill, I'll stop myself now. All I can say is, these are a wonderful find if you can afford them.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey Gents,

Long time lurker on this board, information found here has been so immensely useful to me over the past year or so!

I can definitely testify to the magic of these trousers. They are made right here in NYC and the quality is second to none! Now, they offer free shipping on every order and free returns - really going after that zappos model that has been so successful.

I was apprehensive at first about their prices (around $120 for an entry level pair), but once I opened up my first blue box, I understood that you get what you pay for. Since then I've moved on expand my wardrobe to include a few pairs of their wool trousers, shorts, and last week - swim trunks!

I did snoop around a little bit before I ordered and found that code hooper at checkout gets you 15% off your first order. Not too bad and considering the returns and shipping are free - you really have nothing to lose.

I am really pulling for these guys - hope they can keep cranking out high quality differentiated trousers! Hope to get over to their new HQ and check them out for a personal fitting. I think they are having a sample sale next week with discounts offered on some of their limited edition pants. :aportnoy:

Almost all of the pants on their website appear to have at least a subtle bootcut. Is that the case? They do have several models listed as straight leg, but those appear baggier overall.
In the last few months they hae launched at least 4 pairs of straight legs, and I would say overall they have about 10 styles that come in straight leg. Just checkout the "wool section" and you'll see.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I was just looking at their web site yesterday. All of the praise here might force me to try a pair, and the 15% off code will certainly help. Finding pants that fit well has always been a problem, and it sounds like they've made the adjustments I've been looking for.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I was just looking at their web site yesterday. All of the praise here might force me to try a pair, and the 15% off code will certainly help. Finding pants that fit well has always been a problem, and it sounds like they've made the adjustments I've been looking for.
You won't regret it - I have people asking me all day long where I got the trousers - really a good place to invest in your wardrobe if you ask me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.