Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Love it.

The attempt to use a grosgrain sling is well done too. Love that.
Who made the suit tho? Nick Hart? Kilgour? Boateng? (shudder)....
Looks like mohair or mohair mix.
Princes ones look rented (baggy, long in the sleeve) tho i'm sure theyre not...
But comparing Craig and the Princes is pointless, since they live in different worlds even if both have red carpets.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Stylized poppies, the British version of those which are customarily worn in honor of war dead. In the US, the poppies are rolled crepe.
I had written a beautiful post, with the first verse of "Flanders Fields" and a mention for Moina Michael, and it got eaten by a "Database Error."

The poppies I've seen in the US and Canada look like the ones in the pictures - they're a circle of red paper with a little fuzzy dot holding the end of a piece of florist wire. Veterans sell them on Memorial Day and Veterans day to raise money for veterans' charities, but I haven't seen that much since I moved to Georgia.

·
Registered
907 Posts
The attempt to use a grosgrain sling is well done too. Love that.
I agree, nice touch.
Who made the suit tho? Nick Hart? Kilgour? Boateng? (shudder)....
Looks like mohair or mohair mix.
Reported as Burberry:
Princes ones look rented (baggy, long in the sleeve) tho i'm sure theyre not...
...and vented as well. I'm sure you're right though. Prolly the house run by Bonhamesque's favourite chap...:icon_smile_big:
But comparing Craig and the Princes is pointless, since they live in different worlds even if both have red carpets.
You can say that again.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I had written a beautiful post, with the first verse of "Flanders Fields" and a mention for Moina Michael, and it got eaten by a "Database Error."

The poppies I've seen in the US and Canada look like the ones in the pictures - they're a circle of red paper with a little fuzzy dot holding the end of a piece of florist wire. Veterans sell them on Memorial Day and Veterans day to raise money for veterans' charities, but I haven't seen that much since I moved to Georgia.
My wife's grandparent's live on Miss Michael's former family farm... I suppose the onus might be on me to bring this tradition back at some point. I'll put it on the to-do list.

·
Registered
350 Posts
what are those little red and black things on their lapels?
The poppies worn by the Royal Family are a different design to those worn by everyone else. If you look at Craig's and then the Princes you will notice the subtle petal design.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I'm 'shaken ,not stirred' by both of them. Give me The Avengers, the original ones and Charles for clothing.
Very well put...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.