Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I certainly understand wearing them with no socks if you have shorts on, but to me it would seem odd not to wear socks if I'm wearing long pants, even in climates that are warmer than Sweden.

· Registered
1,551 Posts
I usually wear my boat shoes every other day or so. I wear them with chinos or jeans and they are my go to with shorts. With pants I may wear them with socks if I'm wearing them to work or something like that, but just out and about I usually just slide them on and go. Boat shoes :aportnoy:

· Registered
2,699 Posts
I just bought some Timberland's today from Macy's. Hope they are decent shoes for $60 plus tax etc.
I have a pair of Timberland boat shoes, and they are adequate, although quite uncomfortable without socks because they are rather poorly finished inside. I would have returned them had I paid $60 for them, but I got them on sale at Sears for either $14.95 or $19.95, I don't remember which, so I kept them and wear them only with socks.

· Registered
2,699 Posts
I recently bought a pair of Sperry Gold Cup Driver's combo boat/driving shoes, and they are so remarkably comfortable with their deerskin lining that I just can't bring myself to wear socks with them.

· Registered
502 Posts
I love boat shoes. They are all I wear when wearing shorts. No socks, I simply sprinkle a little corn startch in the shoes to keep my feet dry. Some people have teased me a couple times for being stuck in the '80's but so what. They look nicer then most mens sandals and the more popular flip flops. Best of all, the classic Sperry styles can often be found at Nordstrom Rack for usually $29.99 or less.

· Registered
1,258 Posts
I miss the old un-cushioned footbed of my long since departed Sperry Topsiders.

· Registered
198 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.