Men's Clothing Forums banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

· Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
It should be noted that looking through my photo archive I found a photo with jcusey in the name, suggesting that our esteemed moderator posted it, jcusey. This photo is of a pair of Vass shoes in navy calfskin. They are split-toe lace-ups, and appear to be bespoke.

· Registered
751 Posts
Sorry kid, but you're on the wrong forum for blue shoes.
Why?:confused: How many brown or black wingtips or captoes does a guy need?
Lots of guys here have more than 20 pairs of shoes. After you get the basics covered, it's time to add some spice to your shoe collection. You don't buy shoes just for business or church wear.

· Registered
2,865 Posts
Perhaps something along these lines (the blue would be a nice contrast):

There are stores that carry clothes like that here in Atlanta. I'm appalled that they let him out of the store without the matching lime green shoes.

A lady friend talked her now-ex-husband into buying a pair of dark blue Prada shoes. I have no idea why. While I've seen some beautiful shoes in a midnight blue or very deep green (the latter in the Eastern Europe bespoke thread), I think that if it's too obvious that they're neither brown nor black it might get a bit too "fashion-forward" for the folks on this forum.

· Registered
109 Posts
I have blue vintage Gucci loafers in both calf and suede.

They were the height of casual style when I bought them 30+ years ago. And have come and gone in and out of fashion since then.

They look great and absolutely natural with gray slacks and (for example) a blue blazer.

Not sure how the color would work for dress. But the EGs posted above are handsome.

Why not? No need to conform to the rules of the style czars. Be yourself, right?

I think I used to wear a brown alligator belt with the blue loafers -- maybe a faux pas.

In recent years I purchased a blue alligator belt. Now I can match color "properly."

· Registered
1,458 Posts
This forum is not the wrong place to discuss blue shoes in fact I'm sure we've discussed this topic before

Jcusey's I believe are Edward Green Dovers.

I have EG Kibworth in blue - it came out a lighter blue than the beautiful Shannons jjl5000 has posted and look great in the summer with cream coloured trousers.

If the blue is very dark I would concur that grey trousers go well.

· Registered
1,484 Posts
I have a pair of dark blue suede penny loafers from Cheaney.
I wear them in spring with a cashmere blue blazer and dark jeans/grey flannels. I regard them as casual.
I think if you are going to stray from black and brown/tan shades of calf they really need to be top quality otherwise they look very cheap.

W_B

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.