Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
Though the only blue shoes I've ever owned were a pair of Puma running shoes perhaps 40 years ago, and despite their comical conotations, I've seen some tasteful shoes in navy leather. Vass makes a business shoe in smooth navy leather, though it has a middle Europe aesthetic.

And I've seen several more casual English shoes in navy suede both as oxfords and slip-ons that I'd certainly wear with proper casual wear. If you like jeans (I don't.) you can wear them with those, or gray and tan slacks. I'd chose a belt in a complimentary tan or oxblood color.

· Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
Maus and Hoffman out of Florida.
Haven't done business with them yet, but I've received their catalog for quite a few years and I'm endlessly impressed with the high standard of quality of the items they sell. While their overall aesthetic could perhaps be thought of as resort clothing, all items are of quality that is becoming nearly impossible to find, much less in one place. Quality independent men's haberdashers of this ilk have dwindled to the extent that they may almost be unique

· Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
It should be noted that looking through my photo archive I found a photo with jcusey in the name, suggesting that our esteemed moderator posted it, jcusey. This photo is of a pair of Vass shoes in navy calfskin. They are split-toe lace-ups, and appear to be bespoke.

· Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
very deep green
I have green shoes, although they're humble J&M's from some of their last USA manufacture perhaps 18 years ago. Light olive nubuck brogue on welted Vibram soles. A comparatively elegant old American last, decent quality and very stylish casual wear with tweeds and corduroys. Glad I got 'em! :icon_smile_big:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.