Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Where do I get the serious answers? I appreciate the comedy but I guess I will wait until your parents put you guys to bed before I get the serious answers. : ) Don't get mad boys, you guys are playing with me so I'm playing back.

Brad

·
Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
Though the only blue shoes I've ever owned were a pair of Puma running shoes perhaps 40 years ago, and despite their comical conotations, I've seen some tasteful shoes in navy leather. Vass makes a business shoe in smooth navy leather, though it has a middle Europe aesthetic.

And I've seen several more casual English shoes in navy suede both as oxfords and slip-ons that I'd certainly wear with proper casual wear. If you like jeans (I don't.) you can wear them with those, or gray and tan slacks. I'd chose a belt in a complimentary tan or oxblood color.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
No kid here. I'm 36. Thanks for the responses. I didn't say I had blue shoes. Just said I had seen some that looked nice that were dark blue.

Brad
I have a pair of Rider's navy blue shell cordovan chukkas (see ). I really like the shoes although I wear them infrequently. The few times I've worn them have been with either medium gray flannel or charcoal flannel. I haven't worn them with navy blue trousers, but I've heard of others doing so. I've also seen pics of the chukkas worn with blue jeans.

As for a belt to wear with navy shoes, I wear mine with a navy alligator skin belt.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Thanks JayJay. I appreciate the insight. Who makes your belt? I haven't seen too many that would match.

Brad
Brad, I ordered the belt from https://www.dantedifirenze.com/crocodile, and as you'll notice it's crocodile, not alligator; pardon my mistake.

I couldn't find a belt in stores, but someone recommended this site. The quality is as good as belts I've bought from BB in past years, and the price is great. They provided good and fast service, too.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
The problem with this forum is that some think they know ....

everything there is to know about dressing. I have several pairs of venetian loafers in various skins and colors, including one in dark blue. Venetians are best worn in summer, but when I wear these shoes I generally wear them with a blazer, sometimes with a sport shirt, sometimes with a dress shirt and tie. I have several different styles of blazers to choose from. As far as belts go, I have used Maus and Hoffman out of Florida. They sell a stretch belt that is very nice which comes in various shades of blue plus some in stripes. If interested, pm Tom Maus on this forum (Flaoutlet). They have a website and publish several catalogs each year.

·
Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
Maus and Hoffman out of Florida.
Haven't done business with them yet, but I've received their catalog for quite a few years and I'm endlessly impressed with the high standard of quality of the items they sell. While their overall aesthetic could perhaps be thought of as resort clothing, all items are of quality that is becoming nearly impossible to find, much less in one place. Quality independent men's haberdashers of this ilk have dwindled to the extent that they may almost be unique

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.