Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been discussed many times before, but I'd like a bit more detail. I am in the market for a new navy blazer and I am trying to figure out who makes the best one. I have looked at Brooks, Press, and O'Conells, but I would like to know their advantages and disadvantages and if anyone else makes comparable blazers.

I hope there is not already dedicated to this, if there is sorry.

· Registered
1,281 Posts
Thomas -

Go with either a J. Press or Brooks Brothers 3/2 sack navy blazer and you won't be disappointed. They're classic and will always serve you well for many years.

Also, O'Connell's supposedly makes a good blazer as well, but I don't own one so I can't comment on the quality of the O'Connell's blazer.

· Registered
380 Posts
I recently tried on a J. Press blazer at a local re-seller (for those in the Boston area, it's Keezer's). I found the arms of the blazer very short. I'm not sure if that's the reason these new blazers are being re-sold by this place, or if that's their standard sleeve.

· Registered
1,281 Posts

· Registered
1,240 Posts
I never see anyone comment on the shade of blue for a blazer. Perhaps that is because most are about the same shade, but one of mine is so dark that one slmost needs to place it next to a black garment to make sure that it is not black.

Would you say:
It is more formal
Less desirable
Personal preference
Just wear it Jim and forget about the shade of blue?

· Registered
100 Posts
I never see anyone comment on the shade of blue for a blazer. Perhaps that is because most are about the same shade, but one of mine is so dark that one slmost needs to place it next to a black garment to make sure that it is not black.

Would you say:
It is more formal
Less desirable
Personal preference
I think it's a bit more formal, but I prefer a bluer blazer myself. But just wear it, Jim.

· Registered
2,186 Posts
I wonder about the same thing. My newest blazer (which also has the most refined wool) is midnight blue -- not far from black. My flannel blazer is a tiny bit lighter, and my hopsack blazer is quite blue indeed. All are BB.

I think of the darker ones as being dressier, but it's really the quality of wool that determines how I use them. (The darkest one is with me today on my business trip.)

Would you say:
It is more formal
Less desirable
Personal preference

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.