Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys sorry for asking for all your feedback/help/advice once again relating to our website but just one more if I may:

On the wadrobe section of our website we write articles/blog entries relating to the business we are in (for want of a better subject :icon_smile:)

I ideally want to have posted a couple of entries on there a week on as many possible topics as possible, not just ones singing our praises of course but ones that are informative and serve as a guide to people..

so my questions are

1) Is there a topic on which people might like us to write?

or

2) is there a budding writer out there that would like to see his name in print etc..

(the articles also get sent out in our news letter which I think to date goes out to about 5000 people and growing at a rate of knots hence our need to keep them well fed with words!)

once again thanks

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I think you should think about what you stand for: what traditions, what you think is proper and not, why you sell the brans you do, etc... then create posts all in support of that.

In other words: what is your mission? Making every post relelvant to that, whether in topic or tone, gives you a lot to write about. Just writing about the goings on in the store and how that relates to what I said above is good too in terms of trying to build community.

Other advice: DO update the blog multiple times weekly. Failure to do so means low/no traffic and is what kills most blogs.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you should think about what you stand for: what traditions, what you think is proper and not, why you sell the brans you do, etc... then create posts all in support of that.

In other words: what is your mission? Making every post relelvant to that, whether in topic or tone, gives you a lot to write about. Just writing about the goings on in the store and how that relates to what I said above is good too in terms of trying to build community.

Other advice: DO update the blog multiple times weekly. Failure to do so means low/no traffic and is what kills most blogs.
Great thanks for the first response on this topic. Absolutely we have already three writers for the section (and welcome more) so the articles should be free flowing shortly but any other particular topics wanted to be featured please let us know

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For those who are reading.. we have just uploaded some more articles on the blog section and the newsletter will be going out in the next 24hrs if you havent signed up to it yet!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.