Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...on a pair of EG Chelseas, in midnight blue! Honestly, they're so dark they could pass as black. On the one hand I'm shocked I changed direction so quickly, but on the other hand I'm glad I saved up that money; otherwise I wouldn't have been able to grab these on sale.

:aportnoy::aportnoy::aportnoy:

Now, of course, I want another pair of EGs... :icon_headagainstwal:icon_headagainstwal

Geoff

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Beautiful shoes! But what will you wear blue shoes with? Navy suits? Dark grey suits? I hope you can find a blue belt to match or your in serious trouble (unless, of course, all of the suits you plan to wear these with have side tab trousers)!!

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm a little surprised, too, as I had settled on ordering a pair of Connaught seconds in black, and spending the rest on something from Plal. When I caught wind of the EG sale from Kurt Geiger, I resisted, but after a few weeks of reading about it on SF, I finally broke down and secured a pair. I wanted a pair in wine, but midnight blue suits just as well.

My reasoning (or rationalisation, if you will) is that a sale like the one at Kurt Geiger happens only once in a blue moon, and while I can always get C&J seconds at good prices, and Plal will be there too, I might wait years before grabbing a pair of EGs at anything under 200 GBP. I kicked myself for missing out on the initial frenzy, but when I checked stock and found one pair left in my size, well, I took it as "a sign" to jump in!

The shoes are dark enough that I'll wear them with grey or navy, so I'm not worried about them sitting on the shelf.

So yes, I do feel a little bit of guilt about breaking my promise with myself, but in this case I think it was worth it. Besides, now I don't need a pair of black Connaughts; although brown would be nice. Time to start saving again!

Geoff

·
Registered
542 Posts
.... but when I checked stock and found one pair left in my size, well, I took it as "a sign" to jump in!
I can sympathize. I have seen many such signs. :eek:

Great looking shoes! Congratulations!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Well done, OUT STRANDING shoe & value.

I must say I really pleased with mine in Wine, wish i had ordered the blue to ... Perhaps even the green ... 25£ more than a EG recraft is a "steal" in my book. Get some trees that fill the wamp properly and you have shoes for 20years. If you have more than a 3 day rotation ...

·
Registered
214 Posts
The English language fails me. Or perhaps I, it...

I can think of no a single word to describe both the darkest depths of my envy and the brightest heights of my admiration for those shoes.

And yet, as I write this a tear is forming - but a single, wee drop... Midnight blue 'tis the color of demons.

Forgive me.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Blue moon

You could wear them with a midnight blue tuxedo, if you have one -- I do. Not exactly patent leather lace-ups or opera pumps, but they work in an understated way. As per the Duke of Windsor, a midnight blue tux will look black under artificial light -- a black one will have an unsavory greenish hue -- so same optical magic should apply to shoes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.