Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an blue orphaned suit coat on the Bay, and I want to convert it to wear as a blazer (I would never have thought twice about wearing it with black buttons before joining this forum).

What's a good source? I've looked on Ebay, and don't really like what I see.

I think I'd like some smooth silver buttons, like what appears on the Anderson-Little jackets. Anything would do, though.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
The fanciest way: www.bensilver.com

The cheapest way: buy a $2 thrift store blazer and raid the buttons.

JB
Two excellent ways and I'll add one in the middle: find a button shop (most US cities seem to have one) and get some used blazer buttons of your choice.

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
First, I must register my opposition on general principles to wearing a suit coat as a blazer.

With that out of the way, I recommend Benson & Clegg, or if you want to do this more cheaply, G Street Fabrics--they have boxes and boxes of blazer buttons.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I've been toying w/placing an order with Waterbury Button Co.
^ Love my UVA blazer buttons from Waterbury Button. I actually went through the CT Store for my buttons, I think Waterbury said that I couldn't order just one set. The CT Store sold me them for around $50 IIRC.
Waterbury's buttons are supposed to be excellent and reasonable - the quote I got was $41 for 10 buttons. I've also been smitten with Shoreline Engraver's products. They don't do school crests, but they have some cool buttons in different metals. Some of them are quite cheap at about $60 for a set of 10. They engrave for free as well if you want your initials on the buttons.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
I second Joe Tradly's comment about finding a thrift store blazer and using the buttons.

I have a blue blazer that I bought during the dying days of Marshall Field's. It's a store brand, with their famous clock on the buttons. I think I paid $129 for it.

There are now sets of these buttons on eBay for $300.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.