Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I'm well aware of Press, Ben Silver, Waterbury, etc...

Should anyone wish to share a store in either DC or NYC that might have a selection of so-called vintage blazer button sets?

I'd be much obliged.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
My advice is to go to Goodwill (or similar thrift store) and browse through their jackets and sportscoats until you find one with buttons that you like. The best part is that you can completely ignore the jacket size and moth holes dont matter one bit. Buy said jacket for ~5 bucks, cut the buttons off, and voila!

These are some buttons that I found at Goodwill and had them sewn onto my blazer:

·
Registered
934 Posts
Benson & Clegg online their prices are less than Ben Silver. There use to be a button store on the east side of Manhattan just above Bloomingdales. Also try fabric stores and triming shops and there are a whole group of them arond 6th Ave and below 40th.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Tender Buttons at 143 E 62nd just east of Lex. Great selection and jaw dropping prices. Penang makes good sense on the garment district. Very cheap buttons but not a whole lotta character.

·
Registered
655 Posts
My advice is to go to Goodwill (or similar thrift store) and browse through their jackets and sportscoats until you find one with buttons that you like. The best part is that you can completely ignore the jacket size and moth holes dont matter one bit. Buy said jacket for ~5 bucks, cut the buttons off, and voila!

These are some buttons that I found at Goodwill and had them sewn onto my blazer:
This had never occurred to me. Thank you for the tip.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.