Men's Clothing Forums banner

Blago indicted

3K views 24 replies 18 participants last post by  Quay 
#1 ·
Have you seen the news? Rod Blagojevich has been arrested and indicted on charges that he was trying to sell the vacancy appointment to Barack Obama's Senate seat.

That's right, "sell", as in for real cash, payable to Blagojevich.

As usual, Josh is all over the story.

https://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/

#2 ·
All the same

I am adding this to my list of reasons supporting the statement that all politicians are crooks. Look long enough, and hard enough, at any of them, and you can indict anyone from any party.

Still, this one is personally disapointing. If he had put it on ebay, I might have bid. Buying the seat is the only way I could ever become a United States Senator.

#4 ·
At first I thought this was a joke. It's just sad. I lived in Chicago for a long time, and this kind of politics was always the rule, rather than the exception. For some reason I thought Blago was clean. I really hope this all gets proven to be a giant misunderstanding, but I am not optimistic about that.

Good on Obama for taking the high road.
N@NY

#6 ·
It's GREAT news! I was/am dreading another two years with this bozo. Even his own party can't work with him. His election was a giant step backward for Illinois. At this time Illinois doesn't have any provision for a recall election so at least this has kicked the impeachment discussions into high-gear. There is talk about it being first order of business after the holiday recess.

#9 ·
Ryan went down for being the captain of a ship whose sailors were corrupt. Blagojevich is getting it for being criminally stupid and daring the feds to come after him.
Yeah! Like just yesterday.

Now the state legislature is trying to rush through impeachment cause he can still pick the Obama's replacement.

#10 ·
Ryan went down for being the captain of a ship whose sailors were corrupt.
That is an odd interpretation. Ryan thought if he wasn't personally asking for the cash he could look clean.

#12 ·
Sorry, Illinois. I voted for the guy in his first term.
I'll bet Madigan had a big smile on his face this morning when he heard the news!
Lax...please enlighten the fora...what exactly IS IT with these Illinois governors? You could populate a small town with the blokes how've gotten nailed for illigal activity during the past 40 years!;)

#13 ·
My office is directly across from one of the federal buildings in Chicago. There was quite a bit of hustle and bustle today.

#14 ·
Lax...please enlighten the fora...what exactly IS IT with these Illinois governors? You could populate a small town with the blokes how've gotten nailed for illigal activity during the past 40 years!;)
Alabama also sent a couple of former governors to jail...

I think it's interesting that he's complaining that he was asking for bribes because the Obama campaign wasn't doing anything to thank him for helping them win Illinois.

Did ANYONE in Illinois politics actually think that THEY helped him win their state?

#21 ·
I lived in Chicago almost 20 years and was always reminded of the fact that, "People get the government they deserve." Corruption is like a sport in this town.
The honest people ought to have at least open season on the crimials. The only legal chance they have at honest law.

It is strange how a person thinks he can sell something like that. I wonder how many times it has happened before.

#23 ·
I am adding this to my list of reasons supporting the statement that all politicians are crooks. Look long enough, and hard enough, at any of them, and you can indict anyone from any party.
Many years ago, I worked on the staff of a state governoir who was indicted, tried on federal charges, and sent to jail. It is facile to say that all politicians are crooks, but believe me when I tell you that there is a big difference between real political crooks and run of the mill politicians.

Buzz

#25 ·
Judging by his...err...haircut, I think he does!:icon_smile_big:
You know, this is such an obvious thing I missed it! Someone who has that blow-dried Soprano boss look is, quite possibly, an admirer of corruption if not a practitioner. :icon_smile_big:

Many a parent said to watch out for your haircut and they seem to have been right.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.