Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sister in law is looking for a blackwatch plaid tux jacket for my brother for the holidays. Can anyone recommend a good source. She found a Lily Pullitzer, but I would love to give her some other options. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I stand corrected;

SB, Peaked, and Side vents. My favorite configuration. (I know the vents are incorrect, but all my DJs have them, just my quirk.)
Only thing ruining it is the pocket flaps and ticket pocket, sport jacket details, not meant for dinner jackets, but seeem to be very trendy at the moment.

This paisley is pretty cool for the bold at heart, but same problems as above.

·
Registered
102 Posts
If you don't have any luck in the stores, maybe one of the MTM programs would do the trick. Samuelsohn's stock program (not really MTM, you choose a specific size, e.g., 40R, but then choose model, fabric, and all other details) is pretty well respected and takes about four to six weeks. The price is a little higher than Lilly Pulitzer, but the quality of Samuelsohn is also higher. You could also do Samuelsohn MTM, which is a couple hundred bucks more than the stock program. With either of these programs, you can get exactly what you want (i.e., no ticket pocket or pocket flaps). I can't say that I've seen the Samuelsohn models for dinner jackets, though (but they do have a couple of suit/sportcoat models with really great soft shoulders, e.g., Talbot; not sure if they build dinner jackets off of these models, but wouldn't be surprised if they did).

Polo MTM is another option, although it is more expensive than Samuelsohn MTM and not full canvas. I have seen a couple of the Polo dinner jacket models, very nice, soft shoulders, good looking peak lapels. I can't remember if they have a ventless model (the ones I have seen had side vents), and Polo won't change the vent configuration on a model, even with MTM.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.