• Calfskin Lace Ups

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • Other (Please Specfy)

Votes: 11 13.4%
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
I have a pair of patent oxfords I wear with my tux.

Strangely, I've given two pair of Ferragamos as gifts - one a patent oxford, the other a patent loafer (definitely a loafer, not a pump. Not the most attractive shoe, but it was his size and on clearance).

·
Registered
389 Posts
Worse. :) What are those, Tod's? Based on the bit of the logo I can see.

I haven't seen them in a while, but they have some sort of part on top in a navy paisley grosgrain, not tall enough to be a imitation spat. I'll have to post pictures next time he wears them.
I know Ferragamo has these which I use as they were easier to find, try, and purchase in store than the pinched bow type:

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I wear a pair of black calfskin slip-ons.
Not as low cut as pumps and no bow. But the closest i could come on a budget.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I currently do not have a pair for BT but I would go for PL lace-ups or substitute a polished Oxford until I have enough funds. I still do not have enough BT events to attend that would warrant me to spend on shoes which I will wear on some occasions.

·
Registered
105 Posts
90% of the time I'm attending a Black Tie event it's out of town, and I refuse to pack a pair of shoes just for single use - especially if I'm travelling for the week. Typically I'll wear a highly polished calfskin cap toe, something that I can wear with suits the rest of the week.

·
Aficianado
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Worse. :) What are those, Tod's? Based on the bit of the logo I can see.

I haven't seen them in a while, but they have some sort of part on top in a navy paisley grosgrain, not tall enough to be a imitation spat. I'll have to post pictures next time he wears them.
No idea what brand they are,but they're hideous!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.